PRE-ORDER BOOK 2 HERE
Blurb: Milkshakes, Memories & Mixed Lollies. Documenting Australia's colourful Corner Shops. Over a decade in the making, a richly nostalgic, colourfully illustrated, large photography coffee table book celebrating an iconic Australian invention, the milk bar.
Successfully funded via a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter in April 2018. Winner of a Silver Medal at the Australian Printing Industry Creativity Awards in the offset book printing category.Designer and Author: Eamon Donnelly
Size: 260mm x 250mm
- Foreword by Tim 'Rosso' Ross.
- Milkshakes, Memories and Mixed Lollies: Eamon Donnelly's memories of growing up with the 80s milk bars.
- The Birth of the Milk Bar: Leonard Janiszewski and Effy Alexakis, Macquarie University. Featuring the history of the milk bar and archival photographs.
- Memories from behind the Countertop: Stories and family photos from milk bar owners from the good old days.
- Faded Facades, Inviting Interiors and Sun-kissed Signs: 300 pages of Eamon's photography of milk bars, mixed businesses, general stores and delis from all over Australia.
Edition of 100 on a special ‘vanilla’ scented ink limited edition card placed on the mixed lollies endpapers in the opening of the book.