The MILK BARS Book by Eamon Donnelly first edition is now SOLD OUT
Sign up to the newsletter at the bottom of the page to be the first to know when The Milk Bars Book will be back! Book 2!
The MILK BARS Book By Eamon Donnelly.
Milkshakes, Memories & Mixed Lollies.
Documenting Australia's colourful Corner Shops.
Winner of a Silver Medal at the Australian Printing Industry Creativity Awards in the offset book printing category.
Over a decade in the making, a richly nostalgic, colourfully illustrated, large photography coffee table book celebrating an iconic Australian invention, the milk bar!
Successfully funded via a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter in April 2018.
Shipping in Australia is $14.95 per book
International $69.95 is per book
Please check the FAQ section for more details.
- ISBN-13: 978-0-646-98833-7
- Pages: 424
- Size: 26cm wide x 25cm high
- Weight 2.3kg
- Proudly Printed & bound in Melbourne, Australia
- Foreword by Tim 'Rosso' Ross.
- Milkshakes, Memories and Mixed Lollies: Eamon Donnelly's memories of growing up with the 80s milk bars.
- The Birth of the Milk Bar: Leonard Janiszewski and Effy Alexakis, Macquarie University. Featuring the history of the milk bar and archival photographs.
- Memories from behind the Countertop: Stories and family photos from milk bar owners from the good old days.
- Faded Facades, Inviting Interiors and Sun-kissed Signs: 300 pages of Eamon's photography of milk bars, mixed businesses, general stores and delis from all over Australia.
- Signed by Eamon Donnelly, numbered from 2 – 100.
- Edition of 100 on a special ‘vanilla’ scented ink limited edition card placed on the mixed lollies end papers in the opening of the book.