The MILK BARS Book by Eamon Donnelly
The MILK BARS Book By Eamon Donnelly.
Milkshakes, Memories & Mixed Lollies.
Documenting Australia's colourful Corner Shops.
15 years in the making, a richly nostalgic, colourfully illustrated, photography coffee table book celebrating an iconic Australian invention, the milk bar!
Successfully funded via a crowdfunding campaign on Kickstarter in April 2018.
- Signed by Eamon Donnelly
- ISBN-13: 978-0-646-98833-7
- Pages: 424
- Size: 250mm wide x 240mm high
- Weight 2.2kg
- Proudly Printed & bound in Melbourne, Australia
- Foreword by Tim 'Rosso' Ross.
- Milkshakes, Memories and Mixed Lollies: Eamon Donnelly's memories of growing up with the 80s milk bars.
- The Birth of the Milk Bar: Leonard Janiszewski and Effy Alexakis, Macquarie University. Featuring the history of the milk bar and archival photographs.
- Memories from behind the Countertop: Stories and family photos from milk bar owners from the good old days.
- Faded Facades, Inviting Interiors and Sun-kissed Signs: 300 pages of Eamon's photography of milk bars, mixed businesses, general stores and delis from all over Australia.
- Signed by Eamon Donnelly, numbered from 2 – 100.
- Edition of 100 on a special ‘vanilla’ scented ink limited edition mixed lolly bag inspired card placed on the mixed lollies end papers in the opening of the book.