FAQ / STOCKISTS
- Readings, Hawthorn (03) 9819 1917. SOLD OUT.
- Readings, Carlton. (03) 9347 6633. SOLD OUT.
- Dymocks, Camberwell. SOLD OUT.
- Dymocks, Tooronga. SOLD OUT.
- Metropolis Books, Curtin House, 252 Swanston St, Melbourne. (03) 9663 2015. SOLD OUT.
- The Grumpy Swimmer, 110 Ormond Rd, Elwood. (03) 9525 7488. SOLD OUT.
- Benn's Books, 437 Centre Rd, Bentleigh. (03) 9557 3969.
- Brunswick Bound, 361 Sydney Rd, Brunswick. (03) 9381 4019. SOLD OUT.
- Andrews Bookshop, 183 Upper Heidelberg Rd, Ivanhoe. (03) 9497 3995. SOLD OUT.
The Boroughs Store, 345 Lygon St, Brunswick East. (03) 9388 1618. SOLD OUT.
- Beaumaris Books, 24 S Concourse, Beaumaris. (03) 9589 4638. SOLD OUT.
- Torquay Books, 14B Gilbert St, Torquay. (03) 5261 2311. SOLD OUT.
- Bluey Boronia, Shop 11, Topham Mall, Adelaide. 0419 358 067.
New South Wales
- Virginia Cullane Books, 81 Gaskill St, Canowindra. (02) 6344 1437. SOLD OUT.
Can I borrow the book from my local library?
Visit the book listing at the National Library of Australia's database TROVE, to find it in your local library - https://trove.nla.gov.au/work/230679233?q=the+milk+bars+book&c=book&versionId=254184076
How big is the book?
Huge! The book is 426 pages, 450mm high by 460mm wide with a thickness of 5mm and weighs 2.5kg. It is a tome to the Aussie milk bar.
Who published the book?
The book is self published via a Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign in 2018. The book is an independent publication which was written, photographed, designed and researched by Eamon Donnelly over the last 6-7 years. It is not attached to a publisher or distributor so when you buy the book you are 100% supporting the author.
How many copies were printed?
Limited Stock left! The book is a limited small print run of only 1000 copies, 600 of which were already pre-sold through the Kickstarter campaign in 2018 and pre-orders since the campaign ended in April 2018.
Was the book printed offshore?
The book is proudly printed and bound in Melbourne, Australia by Ellikon Fine Printers. This is an Australian story and I am so proud that the book has been 100% Made in Australia. Fun fact: Ellikon is behind the old MacRobertson's Chocolate's factory in Collingwood, the inventor of the Freddo Frog!
Will there be a second edition?
I would love this book to be reprinted but unfortunately at this stage there is no plan to do a second run, unless the book gets picked up by a publisher.